Tuesday 5 March 2013

Dim Your Android Phone Screen Brightness Below Minimum Settings


When you spend long hours working on your PC, it’s only safe that you set the screen brightness to the barest minimum to avoid doing any hidden damage to your eyes. Over the years, I’ve learned to set the screen brightness on my gadgets to minimum except during the day or  in sunlight when it can be hard to clearly read the screen if the brightness is rather too low. I’m okay with the minimum brightness level available on my iPhone but the same can’t be said about my Samsung Galaxy SII; even the minimum brightness is way too bright for me and staring at your mobile device with such brightness level can actually hurt your eyes.


Apart from the fact that this isn’t too good for the eyes (or so I believe), it eats more battery than needed. It’s cool having a Super Amoled screen and all that but seriously, I’ve always wanted to lower the brightness than this Droid would allow me. Apart from this, there are times when you just don’t want your phone lighting up your face at night… don’t ask me why.
 
Anyway, I came across this app at Google Play that does just what I wanted. Screen Filter dims your screen beyond what your phone settings allows.

Applies a shade that acts as a dimmer to ensure your eyes don’t hurt. Far more powerful than Android’s built-in brightness setting. Great for low-light gaming, web browsing, and eBook reading. It even saves battery life for AMOLED displays!


Screen Filter is available for free at Google Play and I’ve been using it since. Of course, it’s easy to use and you don’t need a manual to get it to work. You can even create a widget for it on your homescreen to make it easier to access.
 
Actually, I’ve got no idea if it saves any battery at all because I never took the time to study that but it makes the screen good on the eyes especially at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget